The Chedi Lustica Bay
The Chedi Lustica Bay is going to be the first of seven hotels within Lustica Bay. Set on the front line of the marina, it is going to provide a unique experience of waterfront living. A luxurious refuge within easy reach of the main marina will lend to the town’s superb dining experiences, lounges, conference facilities, a private beach and pool. The Chedi will be the largest 5-star hotel in the Bay area, opening in summer 2018.
The Chedi Team is and will be fully committed to providing a unique guest experience. We are now starting the process of hiring the team of like-minded people, who take pride and responsibility in everything they do, who value team work, act with integrity and respect, and who love to use their own creativity in order to make our vision reality.
Our Purchasing Supervisor will ensure that the hotel negotiates the best rates for the highest quality of products and services from its vendors and providers, advising the department heads on the best strategy to achieve these goals.
• Implement and maintain the policies and procedures on the process of procurement;
• Support and encourage the objective of cost control and maintain traces for audit;
• Obtain quotations and complete market surveys to ensure high quality products for the best prices;
• Negotiate with suppliers to achieve this aim;
• Place purchase orders and ensure delivery of supplies and equipment to the hotel by the deadlines required;
• Maintain purchasing records and reviews periodically with regard to minimum stock levels;
• Review and refine equipment specifications with department heads;
• Organize and attend meetings between suppliers and managers with regards to major purchases or projects;
• Maintain equipment and supplies catalogues and an inventory of various products in the market to be able to provide immediate service to colleagues;
• Ensure all purchases are streamlined and there is maximum savings where possible without sacrificing on quality;
• Liaise closely with the Executive Chef to ensure food purchases are delivered on timely and to the quality standard specified;
• Keep up to date with import requirements, duties and banking practices, and can facilitate efficient importation of necessary goods;
• Carry out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
In order to meet the above-mentioned responsibilities, you should possess:
• Degree in finance;
• Solid track record in purchasing, procurement, stock management and/or similar;
• Hotel operations or pre-opening experience is a considerable asset;
• Fluent in English and Montenegrin languages, other languages are a plus;
• Knowledge of local and regional market would be a big plus;
• Ability to form and maintain strong relationships;
• Attention to detail and understanding of the highest quality standards;
• Excellent organisational and time keeping skills;
• High level of communication and negotiations skills;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Flexibility, initiative and creative approach to finding solutions;
• High levels of loyalty & integrity;
• Excellent PC skills including Opera, proficient in reporting.
We are forming a new, enthusiastic team of professionals, who will together make The Chedi Lustica Bay the destination of choice. If you’d like to become a part of our vision and this truly unique experience, please submit your applications in the form of CV and a Covering Letter by 31st January.