- To develop and execute the Landscape operational plans in support of the Strategic Plan
- To ensure the safe and effective delivery of services to Lustica Bay in order to provide a safe and quality experience for all Lustica Development employees, home owners and visitors
I. Key Responsibilities:
A. Landscape Management Services
- With strategic direction, create and deliver the Landscape Management Operating Plan, including the scheduling and allocating of activities to internal and externally contracted resources in order to meet requirements and maintain a dynamic and committed continuous improvement approach.
- Create and ensure the delivery of a complete landscape maintenance service, defining and coordinating the delivery of a preventative schedule of maintenance and providing timely reactive support as needed
- Develop business cases to identify and recommend fit for purpose service delivery models; including the analysis of service delivery options, costings, technical specifications and review of vendor supplier services
- Perform Landscape Condition Surveys and takes measures for repair and/or improvement, as appropriate
- Create landscape plans according to clients' requirements, ensuring quality of landscaping, managing all aspects of the project including planning daily work activities and scheduling work crews, managing on-site workers and contractors working on the landscape project, meeting with clients to understand their landscaping requirements and training workers on safety procedures when working with equipment and tools.
- Ensure an accurate stock-take is undertaken on a quarterly basis along with management and maintenance of all equipment. Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of equipment and facilities; recommend repairs, additions and disposals... etc.
- Establish and annually review standards and work procedures for all staff. Plan work schedules, hours, areas of work, and job duties to ensure adequate services are rendered to all areas.
- Provide monthly administrative progress reports relative to short term accomplishments, future short-term plans and staff education/training. Report unsafe conditions and conduct research to improve service quality and safety standards. Coordinate all outside services relative to the facilities department (i.e. pest control, cleaning, trash removal, health and safety activities… etc.)
B. Landscape Design, Review and Project Management
- Involved in landscape design and construction project to assure selection of adequate products and design in alignment with company’s strategy.
- Meeting with the clients to ascertain the clients' specific needs and wants, and develop a proposal for the implementation of the project in accordance with the brief.
- Undertake landscape management projects, including: writing of scope of services, rendering designs, production, tendering and implementation of management contracts and occasionally landscape design contracts, preparation of management plans, masterplans and feasibility studies for landscape areas, completion of site surveys and inventories and produce of lifecycle costings, project management from inception to successful implementation.
C. Budgetary Control
- Tactical budgetary control, monitoring expenditures, predicted variances and supplying direction when needed for all landscape management related transactions
- Liaison with Facilities to support the tactical monitoring of asset maintenance and recommended replacement schedules
D. Policy & SOP Frameworks
- Draft Policies and SOPs for Landscape Management Function, ensuring effective roll-out internally and externally to support the existence of a safety culture, including advertised processes, templated and recording documentation.
E. People Management
- Undertake monthly 1-2-1s with staff to review operational performance, provide regular feedback and development support.
- Actively manage all Probationary Period responsibilities for new staff, as well as seasonal staff, and all performance management requirements during the life cycle of the employment relationship. Orientate, train, develop, and supervise of all supervisory staff under span of control.
- Support the Annual Performance Development Review process for technical engineering staff assigned to projects by providing performance related feedback, undertaking performance reviews on a six monthly basis and completing all supporting PDR documentation
II. Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Horticulture or Architectural Landscaping (or 10 year experience in landscape management position as a substitute)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite
- AutoCAD basic knowledge is preferred
- Valid driver’s licence “B” category
- Full working professional proficiency in English and Montenegrin (Level IV)
- Minimum of seven years of experience in landscape maintenance and design, out of which at least three in management position, to include managing projects and budgets, developing plans, implementing improvements, landscape design, etc.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory and people management experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and oversee multiple projects
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful, service-oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to take quick action to resolve emergency field maintenance requests
- Must be able to diagnose problem quickly and accurately and recommend and effect required solutions
- Excellent supervisory, analytical, and interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy are required
- Ability to forecast needs for resources, and to plan and assess problems and develop realistic solutions
- Ability to negotiate effectively