The Chedi Lustica Bay
The Chedi Lustica Bay is going to be the first of seven hotels within Lustica Bay. Set on the front line of the marina, it is going to provide a unique experience of waterfront living. A luxurious refuge within easy reach of the main marina will lend to the town’s superb dining experiences, lounges, conference facilities, a private beach and pool. The Chedi will be the largest 5-star hotel in the Bay area, opening in summer 2018.
The Chedi Team is and will be fully committed to providing a unique guest experience. We are now starting the process of hiring the team of like-minded people, who take pride and responsibility in everything they do, who value team work, act with integrity and respect, and who love to use their own creativity in order to make our vision reality.
Our Finance Director will manage the financial function of the hotel, supporting the hotel operation with timely decisions and ensuring that the management receives accurate and timely reports to drive their respective departments based on up to date data.
• Take an active role in the compilation of Business Plan;
• Assist the General Manager and Heads of Department in the compilation forecasts covering all activities of the hotel;
• As a part of the Executive Committee, provide advice and support in the area of finance and accounting;
• Prepare, implement and ensure enforcement of all finance-related SOP’s;
• Implement local accounting and reporting procedures to ensure compliance with the local government regulations as well as the corporate and management needs;
• Prepare, supervise, examine and approve monthly journal entries, balance sheet and income statement;
• Prepare and interpret the financial statements and reports of the hotel;
• Submit monthly reporting package on a timely basis;
• Scrutinize the monthly financial reports, to investigate unusual variations and to prepare comments to be attached to the report;
• Control cash management;
• Oversee and ensure that all hotel tax obligations are met timely and duly;
• To implement all necessary control in order to safeguard the assets of the hotel and to maintain records for the fixed assets, operating equipment, supplies and inventories;
• To review the reports compiled by Cost Controller and to liaise with the Purchasing Manager to ensure proper procedures and control of inventories;
• To keep and to safeguard all contracts, leases, insurance policies and all legal and financial documents;
• To obtain the requisite licenses for foreign exchange dealing, imports, liquor, tobacco, entertainment and so forth from the appropriate regulatory authorities;
• Liaise with both internal and external auditors in compliance with the hotel requirements;
• Prepare reports to General Manager indicating trend of balances, accounts requiring special attention, accounts turned over to special attention and those recommended to be written off etc;
• Ascertain that all taxes, contributions, licenses, interest are paid when due;
• Ensure that all keys control and issuance procedures are correctly applied and adhered to;
• Ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually;
• Select and recruit Accounting & Finance employees who are able to work within the management philosophy, and ensure that each employee has the tools, knowledge and training to perform their jobs to the highest level;
• Conduct performance appraisal and give regular feedback on job performance.
In order to meet the above-mentioned responsibilities, you should possess:
• Degree in finance, business or economics;
• Very strong background in management finance role within a hotel;
• Pre-opening hotel experience is a considerable asset;
• Fluent in English and Montenegrin languages, other languages are a plus;
• Ability to build and develop high performing teams;
• Ability to form and maintain strong relationships;
• Attention to detail and understanding of the highest quality standards;
• Excellent organisational and time keeping skills;
• High level of communication and negotiations skills;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Flexibility, initiative and creative approach to finding solutions;
• High levels of loyalty & integrity;
• Excellent PC skills, experience with reporting.
We are forming a new, enthusiastic team of professionals, who will together make The Chedi Lustica Bay the destination of choice. If you’d like to become a part of our vision and this truly unique experience, please submit your applications in the form of CV and a Covering Letter by 31st January.